Re: Recovery news

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 15, 2013
      I see a posit from KC5TRB-2 indicating he recovered his payload - anyone know if that's true?

      NSTAR got video and pix from launch to landing - might be a first to have both function for the full duration.

      Good to see everyone at GPSL 2013.  I wish we could have stayed for the evening dinner, but we needed to get on the road for Omaha.  Looking forward to next year's event!  Thanks to PENS for a great job of hosting.

      73 de Mark N9XTN

      On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 1:35 PM, Mark Conner <mconner1@...> wrote:
      NSTAR did a  visual by-chance recovery - we drove right past it, vehicle #2 spotted it, it was 10 feet off the road.  ORB is still being searched for.

      73 de Mark N9XTN

      On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Mark Conner <mconner1@...> wrote:
      I think everyone has recovered their stuff except NSTAR.  I think N9XTN-11 froze up on descent as the last voltage reported was pretty low.  Hopefully it thawed out and is working now.  On our way to Thornburg IA to see  if we can pick it up.  We are mobile i-gating 144.36 so you'll see it on aprs.fi/n9xtn-11 the same time we do.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 15, 2013
        Hi Mark,

        Spoke with Marty WA0GEH a while ago, and he reported that
        one of the EOSS trackers that were gridding for Harry's bird
        did pick up and track down his 10 mW beacon. So yeah, ORB is
        recovered.

        Kudos on the NSTAR success.

        73 de Mike W5VSI @ home