Re: [GPSL] NOTAM

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 29, 2013

      Helium balloon 6NW of HUT, Northeast bound reaching Flight Level 600 from May 30 at 1200Z to May 30 1500Z

       Helium balloon 6NW of HUT, East-northeast bound reaching Flight Level 600 from April 20 at 1300Z to April 20 1600Z
      HUT04008 - Filed by DJ

       Helium Balloon HIBAL 160 @ 19 DME of OMA, East-Northeast bound reaching flight level 600 from June 9 at 1230Z to June 9 1600Z

      Otherwise known as a HIBAL NOTAM.

      On Monday, April 29, 2013, Zack Clobes wrote:

      I have one at home. Try to send it tonight

      On Apr 29, 2013 1:44 PM, "Keith Kaiser" <wa0tjt@...> wrote:

      Does anyone have a copy of a NOTAM? I'd like to post one on ARHAB.org as an example.

      Thanks guys, see you all at GPSL.

      Sent from my iPad, one finger at a time.

      Recent Activity:
        MARKETPLACE
      • Barry Sloan
        Message 2 of 5 , Apr 29, 2013

          Current and past NOTAMS (for a few months at least) can be viewed online, but you’ll have to search the FAA website for the proper URL as the one I have for viewing Canadian NOTAMs wouldn’t help you much. J

          Barry
          VE6SBS

          Message 3 of 5 , Apr 30, 2013
            Message 4 of 5 , Apr 30, 2013
              Hi Keith,

              NOTAMS are issued by the FAA, not balloon groups. You need to file a
              HiBal with your local FAA chums, and they can pass on contact info the
              FAA contractor that issues NOTAMs. Russ KB0TVJ handles our HiBal
              filing and can send you a copy of the boilerplate that we use.

              73 de Mike W5VSI, EOSS