Predictions

  • HarryM
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2013
      Has anyone noticed a discrepancy in the predictions between Balloon Track and the NSV online predictor?
      I’m running predictions for the UCO flight this Sat. and I’m getting a 10-12mi difference between the two predictions.
      I’ve relied on Baltrak in the past and I like the NSV version, but 10mi is a lot of error.

      Harry KC5TRB

    • BASE
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2013
        Harry,

        I ran predictions on NSV and CUSF (habhub.org/predict) for a 1500 UTC flight on this Saturday from a mid-Edmond launch (35.6450N, 97.48W) .   Both were similar.  NSV had a range of 85 miles and CUSF had a range of 88.9 miles.  Both landed southwest of Bixby.  NSV just east of US 75 near the intersection with 251st Street. CUSF was farther north (221st Street) and east (near Yale Avenue).  I used ascent and descent of 1000 ft/min (5 m/s)  with burst at 96,000 feet (30 km).

        I don't have Balloon Track at home.

        Howard, KC9QBN

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2013

            I'll be standing by in case it might go further northeast... I'm up in Joplin... (wave to Harry)

                          Ray, KB0STN, EM27

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2013
            Hi Ray.
            Wavin’ right back at ya up the pike! Open-mouthed smile

              I'll be standing by in case it might go further northeast... I'm up in Joplin... (wave to Harry)