Re: ATV

  • shermane2001
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 9, 2005
      MECSAT is tentatively planning to fly ATV on 439.25. We've only done
      one trial run and want a shot with experienced ATV'ers (i.e. EOSS,
      etc.) around.
    • Don KA0JLF
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 9, 2005
        How much power does your ATV put out? Is your antenna
        vertical or horiz.?

        We only have 90mw and a 1/2 w dipole vertical. We are
        rock bound on 439.25.

        73
        Don KA0JLF

        --- shermane2001 <shermane@...> wrote:

        > MECSAT is tentatively planning to fly ATV on 439.25.
        > We've only done
        > one trial run and want a shot with experienced
        > ATV'ers (i.e. EOSS,
        > etc.) around.

        __________________________________
        Discover Yahoo!
        http://discover.yahoo.com/
      • shermane2001
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 9, 2005
          The antenna is horiz and we have a 1w transmitter. We're set up for
          439.25 but could do 434.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 10, 2005
            I think the only two DSB AM ATV freqs we can use w/o QRM are 426.25 and
            439.25. With a 12 MHz bandwidth, 434 MHz will QRM both of those.

            Cross-polarization might help, however.

            73 de Mike W5VSI

            shermane2001 wrote:

            > The antenna is horiz and we have a 1w transmitter. We're set up for
            > 439.25 but could do 434.
            >
            > --- In GPSL@yahoogroups.com, Don KA0JLF <ka0jlf@a...> wrote:
            > > How much power does your ATV put out? Is your antenna
            > > vertical or horiz.?
            > >
            > > We only have 90mw and a 1/2 w dipole vertical. We are
            > > rock bound on 439.25.
            > >
            > > 73
            > > Don KA0JLF
            > >
            > > --- shermane2001 <shermane@v...> wrote:
            > >
            > > > MECSAT is tentatively planning to fly ATV on 439.25.
            > > > We've only done
            > > > one trial run and want a shot with experienced
            > > > ATV'ers (i.e. EOSS,
            > > > etc.) around.

            Einstein
          • Don KA0JLF
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 10, 2005
              With our low power, and normal seperation of balloons,
              and being the opposite polarity, I don't think we
              should interfer with anyone. ;-)

              Don

              --- Mike Manes <manes@...> wrote:

              > I think the only two DSB AM ATV freqs we can use w/o
              > QRM are 426.25 and
              > 439.25. With a 12 MHz bandwidth, 434 MHz will QRM
              > both of those.
              >
              > Cross-polarization might help, however.
              >
              > 73 de Mike W5VSI
              >
              > shermane2001 wrote:
              > >
              > > The antenna is horiz and we have a 1w transmitter.
              > We're set up for
              > > 439.25 but could do 434.
              > >
              > > --- In GPSL@yahoogroups.com, Don KA0JLF
              > <ka0jlf@a...> wrote:
              > > > How much power does your ATV put out? Is your
              > antenna
              > > > vertical or horiz.?
              > > >
              > > > We only have 90mw and a 1/2 w dipole vertical.
              > We are
              > > > rock bound on 439.25.
              > > >
              > > > 73
              > > > Don KA0JLF

              > 439.25.

              > Mike Manes manes@... Tel:
              > 303-979-4899
              > "Things should be made as simple as possible, but
              > not more so." A.
              > Einstein

              __________________________________
              Discover Yahoo!
              http://discover.yahoo.com/mobile.html
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 3, 2005
                Hi Bill,

                Just got back home from Omaha a few hours ago.

                This came in after I'd already loaded the ATV into Rick N0KKZ's SUV -
                so figured I could reply in person in Omaha. Glad you get the bug out -
                we've had big probs with 70cm ATV getting into a local GPS as well. Let
                me know how you fixed yours!

                BTW, you'll be happy to know that Chris KB0YRZ >>finally<< got a great
                tape of both of our ATV sigs in flight from his mobile rig! We'll have
                arrange for a copy to you!

                Really happy to see that our "TDM" scheme worked so well! Hardly any
                crossover at all!

                The EOSS payload landed just 1.2 mi from Rick's prediction, in a pasture
                about 200 ft from a corn field and another 100 yd from a wooded creek.
                Randy NQ0R saw it land, and the rest of the EOSS team watched the decent
                from about 1/2 mi away. The farmer joined us in the short hike to
                recovery and pointed us to great little cafe in Grant, Zelda's.

                What a great event! Kudos to Mark Conner for setting it up. And thanks
                to YOU for pioneering a new aspect of ham radio that seems to be
                burgeoning
                in popularity, particularly amongst colleges.

                73 de Mike W5VSI

                WB8ELK@... wrote:

                > Hi Mike,
                >
                > Just in case I don't fly my ATV payload (having a problem or two with
                > it at the moment - will try to fix in my hotel), you might want to
                > make it easy to switch yours to continuous operation if you have a
                > clear channel.
                >
                > 73s de Bill WB8ELK

                Einstein