EDGE4 Flight Announcement

  • EDGE Research Lab
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2013
      All:

      The EDGE Research Lab team will be (tentatively) launching EDGE4 at 9AM mountain time on Saturday, 16-Feb.  Because this is a relatively low-priority, internally driven launch, we will scrub if the predicted flight path looks like we'll be driven into areas unfavorable for recovery.  However, so far it looks like the weather will hold... so, if we do launch, we'll be flight testing an exciting new 900MHz telemetry system head-to-head with the 9xTend systems (information will go up on our website post-flight) and working on our procedures and communication with our airborne chase team.  The results of our testing will help determine which radio module we baseline our future equipment design around.

      We'll be running a no-path APRS module on 144.39MHz, callsign KB9QLS-11, broadcasting every 67 seconds (approx.).  Other payloads may be added to our string, depending on weather and the risk profile that we identify during pre-flight testing this week.

      Cheers!

      -David Patterson
      KB9QLS