Android Apps

  • HarryM
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 9, 2013

      Hi all,

      I finally upgraded my 12 year old dumb phone to an android
      and am looking for recommendations for android apps
      for HAM and ballooning.

      TNX & 73
      Harry KC5TRB

    • Ben Messinger

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 9, 2013
          Try APRSDROID . It works well.  There is a modest fee for it, like $5.

          Joy Lemmons
          KB0YUP

        • HarryM
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 9, 2013
            BTW – If you have an AT&T Android with v4.0.1 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and wish to
            update to v4.1.1 (Jelly Bean), your phone will not update to it because AT&T is not
            making it available over the air. You have to go here for info on how to do it.

            73 Harry KC5TRB

          • HarryM
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 13, 2013
              Thanks for your input guys!

              I did get APRSdroid and it is working fine.
              The only thing I can’t figure out is how to stop the app.
              One way I’ve found to get it to stop is to kill the process
              Then turn the phone off then on. Any sugestions?
              Can’t seem to find a way to get a hold of George Lukas.

              73
              Harry KC5TRB

            • Jim Hannon
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 13, 2013
                Every Android user should install "Advanced Task Killer Free" to kill apps.
                Jim H

                --
                WB0TXL
                WEB Page http://www.ocrslc.net/