Balloon Launch and FAA

  • Travis
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2012
      We are trying to plan a balloon launch, Looking for information on what I need to File with the FAA and the procedures to launch a balloon.

      Thanks
      Travis Best
      W3TMB
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2012
        Hi Travis,

        Most of us fly what are called "exempt" flights, which means no FAA notice is required by regulation if you meet the exemption standards.  Many file NOTAMs as a courtesy, however, and FAR 101.7 prohibits hazardous operation regardless of exemption.

        Feel free to ask more detailed questions on the list!

        73 de Mark N9XTN

            GPSL-digest@yahoogroups.com
            GPSL-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com