GPSL 2005 conference location

  • n9xtn@cox.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2005
      I have received an e-mail from Dr Larson indicating we have a reserved room in Roskins Hall at University of Nebraska-Omaha for our use all day on Friday, July 1st. I don't have a full description of the room, other than it's "high-tech" and no cost to us. It should be similar to the one Zack got for us last year. I'll get more info on whether it's wired or wireless Internet access, and the details on the projectors.

      A campus map is at http://www.unomaha.edu/pages/map.html . The visitor parking that's mentioned on the page is not suitable for an all-day event like this. Parking passes are a possibility, and if that fails the parking garage at the southeast edge of campus has plenty of room and only costs 50 cents or $1 in quarters. Lower your antennas, though.

      For hotels, I would suggest searching for hotels near 6001 Dodge Street in Omaha. There is a Residence Inn about 3/4 mile west of the campus that is pretty nice, but more expensive (discount for weekend days, though). There are 5 or 6 hotels of varying quality and price near the 72nd St exit off I-80. The 72nd St/I-80 is also halfway between the two launch sites I have picked out. One hotel near UNO I checked on is already sold out for Thursday night, but the others appear to be open so far. If you're bringing a spouse who will be exploring the downtown area on foot (Old Market, etc.) while you're doing balloon stuff, there are several hotels there as well.

      Thanks to those who have already provided their frequency/payload listings.