Flip - Flop Unwinder Again

  • Pete Lilja
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 1.8 MB
    The recent talk of a balloon line unwinder intrigued me.  I looked at the pdf of the patent sent earlier and liked the simplicity of the design.  I got to thinking I could incorporate that kind of design with my EOSS inspired Fill 'n Fly nozzle.

    Today I stopped at the local Menard's home improvement store and looked at the PVC bits and pieces.  I immediately saw flange used to affix PVC pipe to a floor or what have you.  I picked one up and a 1/2" chunk of schedule 80 pipe and took it home.  I chucked it up in the lathe and turned the flange so that it is simply a flat plate.  I then notched the plate with a pie-shaped area.  The 1/2" pipe is the axle.

    My thinking is that this flip-flop unwinder would hang below a Fill 'n Fly nozzle.  Photos here.

    I don't see myself using one of these on a flight.  I just wanted to see if I could make something that would work.  I think it has potential and maybe someone else can take the idea and run with it.

    Pete
    KC0GPB