Re: [GPSL] Comparing balloon prices - request for input

  • n9xtn@cox.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 12, 2005
      > 1200 grams $110.00
      > 1500 grams $125.00
      >
      > What is recent experience of Kaymont prices for the same balloons?
      > What was
      > charged for shipping and handling?

      Last summer, I paid about $50-55 for 1200g balloons and $75 for 1500g from Kaymont. I believe on my order of four that shipping was $10 or $15.

      > While we are at it, what is recent experience of Kaymont and
      > Scientific
      > Sales order response, e.g., have orders been shipped immediately,
      > did they
      > have stock at the time of order, et al?

      1200s and 1500s were in stock and order to delivery was just over a week (UPS Ground from East Coast to Nebraska).

      If you get the guy who normally handles orders, you're OK. I've had two instances where I've left the info with whoever picked up the phone and those were lost. But that was over three years ago.

      My experience with Kaysams (the kind with the ring above the neck) has been more varied. We flew some 3-4 years ago and had a good experience, but on my last order from them I think I got a lower-quality batch and got less altitude than expected.