Additional alternate launch sites

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2012
      http://goo.gl/maps/K6bN

      I added two more alternates at schools in Valley and Fremont.  The Valley site would be ideal for me as it is only a couple miles from my house.  I have used Valley several times - there is plenty of room but tends to be somewhat sheltered from the wind by the surrounding trees/houses/school.

      Forecast tracks are longer again - the high to our east is now forecast to be weaker and allowing more westerly winds at 30,000 ft.  The last couple tracks I ran show landings about 50 miles ENE to ESE of the launch site.  This would make all of the sites except Mead usable.

      - Mark