NYC GPSL participation

  • shermane2001
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 28, 2005
      Hi, all. I didn't change my group email so individual replies didn't
      come to the group.
      We're still pretty new at this and our URL is:
      http://nrts.mec.cuny.edu/mecsat
      We want to fly our own balloon at the GPSL because we need the
      practice and the terrain is better than what we normally have. Plus
      the tracking support will be really helpful. I was really impressed
      with the EOSS folks in Colorado and I'm glad to hear that they're
      involved in this also. We are willing to partner with anyone that
      wants to piggyback on our balloon. We're flying student experiments
      and doing some testing so I don't know the payload weights just yet
      but will provide info as soon as we're able to determine this.
    • PAUL VERHAGE
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 29, 2005
        How much weight do you expect to have?

        Paul

        >>> shermane@... 03/28/05 5:06 PM >>>

        Hi, all. I didn't change my group email so individual replies didn't
        come to the group.
        We're still pretty new at this and our URL is:
        http://nrts.mec.cuny.edu/mecsat
        We want to fly our own balloon at the GPSL because we need the
        practice and the terrain is better than what we normally have. Plus
        the tracking support will be really helpful. I was really impressed
        with the EOSS folks in Colorado and I'm glad to hear that they're
        involved in this also. We are willing to partner with anyone that
        wants to piggyback on our balloon. We're flying student experiments
        and doing some testing so I don't know the payload weights just yet
        but will provide info as soon as we're able to determine this.

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • shermane@verizon.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 30, 2005
          Our total payload won't exceed 8 pounds so we will have some weight to spare for a piggybacker.