Re: [GPSL] Re: Video of Balloon Burst Through Telescope

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 7, 2012
      Thanks. I had forgotten all about the video. I was going through some
      of my old stuff to see what I could throw out.

      The credit really belongs to the observatory staff who kept tracking
      the balloon. I was too busy chasing.

      Paul

      On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 9:19 AM, k6rpt <Ron@...> wrote:

      > Great video!
      >
      > -Ron K6RPT
      >

      > --- In GPSL@yahoogroups.com, "L. Paul Verhage" <nearsys@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> While digging through some old near space videos, I came across one
      >> made by Lee Kelly of the amateur radio club in Twin Falls, Idaho. The
      >> balloon was tracked by a telescope at the Herrett Center and they
      >> managed to get video footage of the balloon burst at 79,000 feet.
      >>
      >> I uploaded the video to my YouTube channel. The link is,
      >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CB8Mehymr0
      >>
      >> --
      >> Onwards and Upwards,
      >> Paul

    • Bruce Coates
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 7, 2012

        Thanks for the clip Paul.  A co-worker just bought an 8” Celestron telescope.  I’m using your video as bait to get him to join us on some flights this year.  Should be fun.

        Bruce

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 7, 2012
          On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 9:18 AM, Bruce Coates <bruce.coates@...> wrote:

          > Thanks for the clip Paul.  A co-worker just bought an 8” Celestron telescope.
          > I’m using your video as bait to get him to join us on some flights this year.
          > Should be fun.

          Sounds like there might be more ground videos coming up, as I just
          picked up a 6 inch and 8 inch telescope, and Garrett picked up a 6
          inch as well. We'll have to see what we can get for video through
          these optics.

          --
          James
          VE6SRV