Radio to Laptop

  • The Reeds
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2012
      I have a Kenwood TH-D7 radio I'm using with my RTrak-HAB. I'm using the radio to hear the beacon and make sure the HAB is working properly. I have the cord to tether the radio to the laptop. What software do I need to download to "see" the packet and see what the packet contains? I want to be able to see what I'm getting in my packets just to make sure all is good.

      Thanks for the help.....

      Jim
    • James Ewen
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2012
        On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 11:41 AM, The Reeds <jareed@...> wrote:

        > I have a Kenwood TH-D7 radio I'm using with my RTrak-HAB.
        > I'm using the radio to hear the beacon and make sure the HAB is
        > working properly. I have the cord to tether the radio to the laptop.
        > What software do I need to download to "see" the packet and see
        > what the packet contains? I want to be able to see what I'm getting
        > in my packets just to make sure all is good.

        You could use a simple terminal emulator program such as Hyperterm or
        Teraterm to see the packets, and the data contained within. However
        since you are asking this question, you probably want to see the
        decoded packets, and positions plotted on a map rather than the raw
        packets. APRSISCE/32 is a newer Windows based APRS program that it
        pretty easy to get set up and running. It will also run on Mac and
        Linux using the appropriate cross over software.

        --
        James
        VE6SRV