Video Gain

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2012
      Hi All,

      This is to the people that have streamed stuff like on U Stream using a laptop as the stream source.  There is an obvious Mic gain slider for the sound gain. But is there a hidden someplace on a typical laptop a video gain control?

      My next flight I will be streaming the fill and launch, thing is it will be in the dark.  I will have some lighting of course so we can see what we are doing.  But don't want to or hope not need to make it like daytime out there for the camera to stream a decent image.

      Anyone?

      Sig
      The Original Rolling Ball Clock
      Idle Tyme
      Idle-Tyme.com
      http://www.idle-tyme.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2012
          Use a camera with good low-light level specs (<< 1 lux). Kicking up the video
          gain won't help a poor video SNR. And you'll have to provide some scene
          lighting, since nothing "sees in the dark".
          - 73 de Mike W5VSI

          On 2/1/2012 07:39, Joe wrote:
          > Hi All,
          >
          > This is to the people that have streamed stuff like on U Stream using a laptop
          > as the stream source. There is an obvious Mic gain slider for the sound gain.
          > But is there a hidden someplace on a typical laptop a video gain control?
          >
          > My next flight I will be streaming the fill and launch, thing is it will be in
          > the dark. I will have some lighting of course so we can see what we are doing.
          > But don't want to or hope not need to make it like daytime out there for the
          > camera to stream a decent image.
          >
          > Anyone?
          >
          > Joe WB9SBD
          > --
          >
          > The Original Rolling Ball Clock
          > Idle Tyme
          > Idle-Tyme.com
          > http://www.idle-tyme.com

        • Jon Eyes
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 1, 2012
            Alternatively, source a True Day/Night CCTV camera with IR LED's.
            Most of the good quality ones will give around 10~15 of illumination in 0 Lux conditions.
            As long as you are not working "on top" of the camera, you should get results that will give you useful images without being overloaded with reflected IR light.
            You'll of course also need some sort of video capture device, but these are also readily available...

            Regards

            Jon Eyes [G7OMN]