Re: [GPSL] Balloon over Ohio

  • wb8elk@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
      Hi All,

       It was the KC8MSY Suntracker balloon out launched from Portland, Indiana....they were only transmitting on 144.34 and no one was I-gating it onto Findu....if anyone is in the Ohio/Indiana/Michigan area that would like to I-gate future Suntracker, I'm sure they were greatly appreciate it. I talked to Jim KC8MSY on his cell phone and this is what he reported on the recovery:

       I believe it exceeded 111,000 feet and landed near Norwalk, Ohio and was quickly recovered in a field during the middle of a snowstorm (the local farmer had already found it).

      73s de Bill WB8ELK