I'm in Kansas

  • pverhage1960
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2002
      Okay, I'm here and have some email access. If we have to move the
      launch site, I'm going to have problems with the helium. Adding Don's
      request, I have nine tanks of helium to deal with. My little Prizm
      would have a hard time moving a single tank.

      I'll need some help here. Actually, a lot of help.

      I'm heading to Topeka to line up some media coverage. I'll spend the
      next two days at the campus checking out equipment and making copies.
      I'll also make reservations for meals.

      If we can avoid moving the launch site, that would be helpful from my
      end. If we have to move, we need to make plans for moving 9 tanks of
      helium to the site and helping me get them back to Linweld afterwards.

      Paul
    • Don Pfister
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2002
        Paul, do you still want me to come out and help pick up and move the helium? I
        can bring my own helium, Mike KD0FW has offered to haul it out there for me, so
        don't worry about that tank.

        As I recall we last left it, I was coming out on the 3rd to help pick up helium
        and take it to JNSC. I might be able to bring another body with me. I don't
        really have a good vehicle to move it with, but can get it done. My little car
        should be able to carry two tanks at a time.

        Is there a Uhaul there (I think I remember one) where we could rent a pickup for
        $19 (that's what I seen on the sides of them here)? That might make it easier.
        That would make the helium about $2.50 more per tank. I don't know anyone out
        there with a pickup, myself.

        Anyway, I'm waiting to help, just let me know what you need me to do.

        AT this point I have 5 people committed for the launch, so we should be ok.
        There are 3 confirmed for the symposium - Cris took a day of vacation I didn't
        know about - possibly the 4th person will also make the symposium. I'll let you
        know.

        Later,
        Don