GFS forecast graphics for 100 to 10 mb (0 to 16 days)

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2012
      I have finally automated the generation of the high-altitude (50 to 100 kft) GFS graphics at the following links:

      http://nstar.org/GFS/10mb/
      http://nstar.org/GFS/20mb/
      http://nstar.org/GFS/30mb/
      http://nstar.org/GFS/50mb/
      http://nstar.org/GFS/70mb/
      http://nstar.org/GFS/100mb/

      These are updated about 0510, 1110, 1710, and 2310 UTC every day.  I intend to put a page together to navigate through them but have not got that far yet.  The graphics will be most useful for floaters launched in the CONUS or Canada.

      In addition to the wind barbs I have added streamlines which I think adds to the interpretation.  If you have comments or questions let me know.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2012
        This is very awesome Mark!  Well Done!! I assume the latest most recent is the image with the highest number?

        Joe WB9SBD
        Sig
        The Original Rolling Ball Clock
        Idle Tyme
        Idle-Tyme.com
        http://www.idle-tyme.com

        On 1/2/2012 10:33 PM, Mark Conner wrote: I have finally automated the generation of the high-altitude (50 to 100 kft) GFS graphics at the following links:

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 3, 2012
            Again VERY COOL MARK!

            Joe WB9SBD
            Sig
            The Original Rolling Ball Clock
            Idle Tyme
            Idle-Tyme.com
            http://www.idle-tyme.com

            On 1/3/2012 9:06 AM, Mark Conner wrote: The files are listed by forecast hour - higher numbers are farther into the future.  The *.240.png files are valid 240 hours (10 days) in the future.  The valid date/time for the forecast is at the top of the graphic.