Re: [GPSL] Duration Flights - New Direction for HABing?

  • Wayne Helms
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 14, 2011
    This was a very interesting feat and the word had to be spread to hams over there to change freqs etc that it was headed there way I know that I sent many emails in several languages to include English, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian,and French was next on my list . I'm sure there were others doing the same thing and many on my attached list were seen on aprs.fi as picking up this signal. I have attached a file of those that I sent a email too and the email text also  as my email bombardment grew they were getting the text in all 5 languages.....there were many that had dead emails that I did not include in this file. Any way Congrats to CNSP-11 aka K6RPT-11 for a great job.....

    On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Jon Eyes [G7OMN] <g7omn@...> wrote:

    I think one of the reasons so much interest was generated was the fact European hams had to make a special effort to retune (or put something else “on” in my case...)

    Automatic switching frequencies will make things easier to track and route through APRS IS, but may allow HAB’s to go past almost unnoticed apart from the people who are now signed up as “interested”

    Send a few more over – I’m watching for them! ;-)

    Jon Eyes

    G7OMN / MB7UCW