Repeater reminder/forecast update

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2002
      The Manhattan Area Amateur Radio Society (MAARS) has welcomed us
      to use their 147.255+ repeater while we're there. It should be
      quite suitable for talk-in and so forth during our stay.

      Today's wind profile forecast has not changed much above 20,000
      ft, but is lighter out of the south below that. I think that may
      be the biggest variable for us in the forecast (at least as long
      as the next upper-level low stays far enough west). The
      prediction today is 354 degrees at 13 miles, which from Herington
      is 8 miles south of Junction City and in a good area. From the
      Manhattan site, the landing would be in a small area between Ft
      Riley and Tuttle Creek Lake.