TVNSP Onset Prize entry - a winner from my viewpoint

  • Ralph Wallio, W0RPK
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2005
      Paul,

      My thanks for creating our 2004 ONSET PRIZE. You have again added more
      excitement to Amateur Radio High Altitude Ballooning!

      From my viewpoint TVNSP has won the 2004 Onset Prize with TV04G rising to
      118,946ft on 27Dec04.

      Regarding our Onset Prize requirements:

      1. Announce your flight at least a week prior to launch (announce the
      general launch location, callsign of the near spacecraft, and its frequency)

      TVNSP announcement was received and posted on 18Dec04.

      2. Use a GPS receiver and APRS to transmit position data during the mission
      3. Transmit APRS data such that other amateur radio operators can record the
      data

      GPS APRS data is available as downloaded from FINDU.COM. TVNSP submitted
      additional GPS derived data captured by their IHU.

      4. Obey FAR 101 requirements

      Contact TVNSP if there are any questions.

      5. Recover the near spacecraft

      TV04G payload was recovered as discussed in TVNSP web page below.

      6. Announce the results of the flight (include several packets or posits
      around the peak altitude)

      See TVNSP flight archive,
      http://www.tvnsp.org/modules.php?name=Flight_Archive.

      TNX es 73 de Ralph Wallio, WØRPK
      wallio@...
      http://users.crosspaths.net/wallio/
      Hubbert's Peak - The Mother of all Perfect Storms