GPSL 2005 date change

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 5, 2004
      Hi everyone,

      A bit of good news for me and my family, but it impacts the
      balloon flying next summer. Shari and I are expecting our second
      child next July. Near as we can tell now, the due date is near
      or just after the currently-scheduled GPSL weekend (July 22-24).

      The latest weekend I'd feel comfortable with playing host to the
      GPSL here in Omaha is 4th of July weekend. We could have the
      symposium on Saturday, fly Sunday, with a backup fly date of
      Monday the 4th to minimize vacation days for people.
      Friday-Saturday-Sunday (1-3rd) is also OK. The previous weekend
      (June 24-26) is Field Day, so I don't suppose many will want to
      coincide with that. I'm also open to other dates like Memorial
      Day weekend.

      This also means we won't be able to participate with the UNO
      Aerospace Education Workshop, as I believe they start July 11 or
      18. I don't know yet what that will do with Dr. Larson's ability
      to obtain classroom space for us. With two other community
      colleges in the area I think we can get something for little or
      no cost.

      For those groups planning to attend, please let me know your
      preferences on dates. I believe most of you preferred the July
      4th weekend if we didn't have the tie-in with UNO. We can also
      arrange some alternate activities for spouses and children (zoo,
      Children's Museum, etc.) on the day of the symposium if some
      would like that.

      I will update our website (www.superlaunch.org) with the new info
      once we decide on the date.

      73 de Mark N9XTN
    • Harry M
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 5, 2004
        Good luck to you and yours on the to be "new born".

        The consensus in the NE Oklahoma area is that if it is on a holiday
        weekend no one wil be able to go due to family gatherings.

        -----
        Harry - KC5TRB - Tulsa
        Oklahoma Research Balloons
        http://members.cox.net/hhm_74775/orb/
        -----

      • paul.verhage@boiseschools.org
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 6, 2004
          Congrats.

          The 4th works for me. I may be able to arrange to come down and help UNO, also.

          Paul

        • wb8elk@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 6, 2004
            Just about any weekend in June and July will work for me. July 4th is fine.

            - Bill WB8ELK
          • wb8elk@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 6, 2004
              The weekend before Field Day is a good possibility as well.

              - Bill WB8ELK
            • Harry M
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 6, 2004
                The entire month of June is not an option for ORB

                -----
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 6, 2004
                  I'm gone the weekend of 9 - 16 July and the first two weekends in August
                  aren't too good either. Non-holiday weekends tend to work better for
                  us, but I don't want to be too picky..

                  Zack Clobes, W0ZC
                  Project: Traveler