NOAA/ARL READY servers going offline Friday night, back Sun or Mon

  • n9xtn@cox.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2004
      I got the following from the READY mailing list:

      A total power shutdown (outage) at our NOAA offices is planned for Saturday, 20 November, beginning at 0800L and lasting 10 to 12 hours. This outage is to allow for mandatory maintenance on building systems. ARL will be turning off all computers (including the READY webserver) at the end of the business day on Friday, 19 November. If possible, the servers will be restored on Sunday, 21 November, otherwise they will become available at the beginning of the business day on Monday, 22 November.

      Those of you pulling wind forecast data from this site will want to get your data this afternoon before around 4pm EST.