PCB layout software and board mfg

  • K. Mark Caviezel
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 8, 2004
      Mark:
      I know I for one have interest in this topic as well.
      Please CC me, or post to the list(s) for what you find
      out.

      - KMC ng0x Denver

    • mgray@ess-us.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 8, 2004
        I've used Eagle CadSoft for a large number of projects:

        http://www.cadsoftusa.com/

        They offer a Windoze and Linux based tool. Freeware, Non-Profit, and
        commercial versions available. The freeware version is exactly the same
        as the full version, you are just limited to 2 layer boards of a certain
        size. No time limits. Great parts library. I also have a parts library
        that includes a number of components related to ballooning:

        http://www.kd7lmo.net/tech_pcb_tools.html

        For board houses, I like:

        http://www.pcbfabexpress.com/

        Very good quality and reasonable prices. Just e-mail them your Gerber
        files and you'll get back nice looking boards.

        If you want to do the boards in your garage, here is a step-by-step guide:

        http://www.kd7lmo.net/tech_pcb.html

        73s de KD7LMO