Re: [GPSL] Recommendations for PCB layout software and board mfg

  • wb8elk@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 8, 2004
      My recommendations:

      Board houses:
      www.expresspcb.com

      - They have a free PCB schematic capture and a free PCB layout program that works pretty well....$51 for 3 fixed sized boards.

      Advanced Circuits    www.4pcb.com

       Excellent quality but on the expensive side

      AP Circuits - www.apcircuits.com

       -  Nice quality and very fast and reasonable but you have to sand down the rough edges on the board.

      PCB layout programs:

      IVEX - get it before they go out of business...have a couple of nice specials now

      Eagle

      Schematic capture:

      DesignWorks Pro...my favorite

      - Bill WB8ELK
    • K. Mark Caviezel
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 8, 2004
        Mark:
        I know I for one have interest in this topic as well.
        Please CC me, or post to the list(s) for what you find
        out.

        - KMC ng0x Denver

      • mgray@ess-us.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 8, 2004
          I've used Eagle CadSoft for a large number of projects:

          http://www.cadsoftusa.com/

          They offer a Windoze and Linux based tool. Freeware, Non-Profit, and
          commercial versions available. The freeware version is exactly the same
          as the full version, you are just limited to 2 layer boards of a certain
          size. No time limits. Great parts library. I also have a parts library
          that includes a number of components related to ballooning:

          http://www.kd7lmo.net/tech_pcb_tools.html

          For board houses, I like:

          http://www.pcbfabexpress.com/

          Very good quality and reasonable prices. Just e-mail them your Gerber
          files and you'll get back nice looking boards.

          If you want to do the boards in your garage, here is a step-by-step guide:

          http://www.kd7lmo.net/tech_pcb.html

          73s de KD7LMO