Lightsquared

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2011
      This is from the AIAA reports I receive.
      Paul

      Study Finds LightSquared Would Cause Disruptions To GPS Systems.
      The AP (7/1, Tessler) reports, "New test results show that" LightSquared's "proposed nationwide wireless broadband network would produce significant interference with GPS systems used for everything from aviation to high-precision timing networks to consumer navigation devices." The company has "insisted that the interference problems are fixable. But GPS equipment makers, and companies and government agencies that rely on GPS technology, warn that the planned network would jam their systems." LightSquared also argues that much of the problem is due to GPS receives being built so as to receive frequencies not licensed to GPS and the issue can, therefore, be addressed "by installing better filters in GPS devices."