Re: [GPSL] GPSL 2011 Registration Deadlines.

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2011
      I'm looking for a reason to launch a second balloon at GPSL. Would you like to split the cost of balloon and helium and I can send up a backup ham radio tracker?

      Paul

      On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 1:09 PM, Rodney Sparks <rodney@...> wrote:
      Rob-

      I'm thinking about attending, and was considering launching my first
      balloon at the event.  It'd be tracked via SPOT GPS and ISM-band
      telemetry, rather than anything on amateur radio frequencies.  The
      payload would be a microcontroller-triggered point-and-shoot camera,
      and an HD video camera if we can scrounge one up.

      Would it be advisable to launch my first balloon at this event?  Is it
      a problem that I won't be using amateur radio?  Aside from the obvious
      gas purchase deadline, what deadlines would apply to me?

      Maybe a seasoned veteran on the e-mail list wouldn't mind "mentoring"
      me in my first launch. ;-)

      -Rodney
      rodney@...

      On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 9:17 AM, roblights911 <kc0uuo@...> wrote:
      > Greetings all,
      > We are about 28 days 20 hours till the 2011 GPSL.  Some deadlines for you to be aware of.
      > June 30th, 2011:  Workshop Beacon kit.  (no orders will be taken after June 30th).
      > July 8th, 2011: Flight Details, i.e. RF beacon info, APRS beacon info. (all needed for time slotting and frequency assignments).
      > July 13th, 2011: Gas order/ purchase, Wednesday tour events RSVP and Flying W ranch meal purchases.
      >

      > Please go to http://www.rsvpbook.com/event.php?415908 to register.
      >
      > If you have any questions feel free to contact me directly at kc0uuo @ g mail . com
      >
      > I look forward to seeing you all in Colorado Springs!
      >
      > Rob, KC0UUO

         GPSL-digest@yahoogroups.com
         GPSL-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

    • roblights911
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2011
        Rodney,
        Sounds like a great deal! Paul would be a great mentor for you!

        --- In GPSL@yahoogroups.com, "L. Paul Verhage" <nearsys@...> wrote:

        > I'm looking for a reason to launch a second balloon at GPSL. Would you like
        > to split the cost of balloon and helium and I can send up a backup ham radio
        > tracker?
        >
        > Paul
        >
        > On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 1:09 PM, Rodney Sparks <rodney@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Rob-
        > >
        > > I'm thinking about attending, and was considering launching my first
        > > balloon at the event. It'd be tracked via SPOT GPS and ISM-band
        > > telemetry, rather than anything on amateur radio frequencies. The
        > > payload would be a microcontroller-triggered point-and-shoot camera,
        > > and an HD video camera if we can scrounge one up.
        > >
        > > Would it be advisable to launch my first balloon at this event? Is it
        > > a problem that I won't be using amateur radio? Aside from the obvious
        > > gas purchase deadline, what deadlines would apply to me?
        > >
        > > Maybe a seasoned veteran on the e-mail list wouldn't mind "mentoring"
        > > me in my first launch. ;-)
        > >
        > > -Rodney
        > > rodney@...
        > >
        > > On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 9:17 AM, roblights911 <kc0uuo@...> wrote:
        > > > Greetings all,
        > > > We are about 28 days 20 hours till the 2011 GPSL. Some deadlines for you
        > > to be aware of.
        > > > June 30th, 2011: Workshop Beacon kit. (no orders will be taken after
        > > June 30th).
        > > > July 8th, 2011: Flight Details, i.e. RF beacon info, APRS beacon info.
        > > (all needed for time slotting and frequency assignments).
        > > > July 13th, 2011: Gas order/ purchase, Wednesday tour events RSVP and
        > > Flying W ranch meal purchases.
        > > >

        > > > Please go to http://www.rsvpbook.com/event.php?415908 to register.
        > > >
        > > > If you have any questions feel free to contact me directly at kc0uuo @ g
        > > mail . com
        > > >
        > > > I look forward to seeing you all in Colorado Springs!
        > > >
        > > > Rob, KC0UUO

        > Onwards and Upwards,
        > Paul

      • Rodney Sparks
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 1, 2011
          Definitely! Discussion taken to private e-mail.

          Thanks,

          -Rodney
          rodney@...