      From: Tim <sarbresam@...>
      Subject: Re: [GPSL] Trees
      To: GPSL@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, November 1, 2010, 4:03 PM

      I have a question for the list...

      How long is the distance from your balloon to your payload?  I know everyone will have a different answer but in my mind longer is better.  If your parachute gets caught in a 50' tree and the distance is between the chute and payload is 50' then at worst you loose the chute?  I also think that the payload is more stable the farther away it is from the balloon, on the ascent that is.  I do not have any facts to back this up so I could be way off base but it seems to be true in the scaled down tests that Brenden and I have done.

      Thanks for your input,
      Tim
      KJ6HSX

      From: L. Paul Verhage <nearsys@...>
      Subject: [GPSL] Trees
      To: gpsl@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, October 31, 2010, 8:52 PM

      My latest flight took three hours to remove from trees.  What is everyone carrying for tree removal?