6635GPSL Update

    Apr 1, 2010
      The GPSL plans are starting to come together.  Hopefully the website will be updated in the next couple of days, but there is one matter I'd like to bring to your attention.  Apparently, someone decided to plan a softball tournament on "our" weekend in Hutch, and consequently, the hotels are filling up very quickly.  I had hoped to find an "official" hotel for us all, but I'm afraid that may not be practical under the circumstances.

      So, if you plan on attending, and haven't already made arrangements, please do so SOON.

      Some hotel information:
      Hampton Inn - FULL
      Holiday Inn Express (620-669-5200) - About 10 rooms available
      Day's Inn (620-665-3700) - About 18 rooms available, but are mostly smoking rooms.
      Grand Prairie (620-669-9311) - Fair availability, depending on the exact nights you want to stay.
      There are plenty of others, these just happen to be ones that I'm vaguely familiar with.

      A quick note about the Grand Prairie: It tends to be a bit more pricey, and I know that some weren't that impressed with the room and the pool-side noise last time.  I got to visit some family at the GP a few weeks ago.  They were staying in a room on the north end of the hotel, away from the pool.  The room seemed nice and clean, and it was well away from the pool noise...

      Zack Clobes, W0ZC
      Project: Traveler
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic