46Re: [GPSL] July 4th weekend

  • Keith Sproul
    Jun 1, 2002
      Thanks for the info..

      The web site told me what I needed.. It is at K-State.. My father went
      there.. My grandparents live in Clay Center.. I am going to fly to KC,
      get a car, and go visit my grandparents for the 4th, then go to Manhattan
      for the conf and launch.. Since it is close enough, I will stay with my
      grandparents and save on the hotel bill. I know the area much better than
      you would expect for someone from New Jersey....

      Also, what is JNSC and where exactly is the launch from???

      Keith

      On Sat, 1 Jun 2002, Mark Conner wrote:

      > Hi Keith,
      >
      > The symposium is scheduled for Friday, July 5th starting at 9am
      > and lasting most of the day. The launch will be Saturday the 6th
      > with a rain date of Sunday the 7th.
      >
      > I believe both Manhattan and Topeka have limited air service, but
      > it's probably expensive. It's probably more cost-effective to
      > travel to Kansas City (MCI) and drive a rental car the 120 miles
      > (2 hrs) from the airport to Manhattan.
      >
      > Your return date depends on how sure you want to be of seeing the
      > launches. If you go back Sunday afternoon, you could chase with
      > us on Saturday if we get off the ground, or if it ends up being
      > on Sunday you'd at least see the launch.
      >
      > 73 de Mark N9XTN

      Keith Sproul Ham Radio: WU2Z
      Student Housing Network Coordinator 732 445-3695 Work
      Rutgers University Computing Services 732 445-2968 Fax
      mailto://ksproul@...
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic