3631Re: [GPSL] GPSL 2008 Dates

  • PAUL VERHAGE
    Sep 4, 2007
      I would be interested in doing a BalloonSat workshop.

      Paul

      >>> "Keith Kaiser" <keith.kaiser@...> 9/3/2007 10:32 AM >>>
      GPSL'ers,

      I had quite a few responses to the question about when to hold GPSL in
      2008. Only one individual had an alternate date idea (Jul 4-5-6), but
      several commented they liked the proposed dates for a number of
      different reasons. So with all that said, we are going to lock in July
      31, to August 3, 2008 as the official dates for GPSL 2008.

      The extra day did generate a few comments but mostly they centered
      around what we will do with the extra time. The number one concern
      being that we didn't just use the extra day to spread out what we
      already do. At this point Thursday, July 31 is tentatively to be used
      as a static display and workshop day. We hope to have displays from
      NOAA, FAA, CAP, NASA, Garmin, and others, if you have a display or
      workshop you would like to propose or do yourself please let me know.
      If you have other ideas about Thursday and I can think of a bunch, let
      me know that too.

      Proposed:
      July 31 -- Static Displays, Workshops, astronomy night?
      Aug 01 -- Conference presentations, flight briefing
      Aug 02 -- Launch, recovery, debrief
      Aug 03 -- Weather Date, departure

      Location is our next assignment, now that the dates are locked it will
      be much easier for us to find the host site for the event. Please
      visit nearspaceventures.com/gpsl2008/ from time to time and watch your
      e-Mail for updates on this and other details about next year.

      If you would like to help with GPSL 2008 in almost any capacity,
      please contact me and I'll put you to work....trust me.

      Our goals for 2008 are lofty, as they should be given what we do
      (launch high altitude balloons) and we are going to work hard to make
      this the best GPSL ever. This is a tall order, given that year after
      year the quality of the conference has gotten better and better, and
      last years was such a run-away success it will be doubly hard to beat.
      So aim high, stay in touch, keep an eye on the web site, put the dates
      on your calendar and grab hold of something....we're about to take you
      20 miles up.

      Kansas City or Burst!

      --
      YIS/YIV/73's!