1798Re: [GPSL] Project: Traveler to fly this morning

    Nov 1, 2005
      Hi Zack,

      Yeah, a secondary motto for balloonacy might be "a little more heat".

      What I find ironic about the excess of zeal that went into the PT's
      pea-power design is that the GPS itself consumes way more power all
      by itself than does a vanilla TT3 and DJC1.

      Which opens the possibility of coupling heat from the GPS into the PT?

      73 de Mike W5VSI

      Zack wrote:

      One thing to keep in mind, this was the first Project: Traveler flight
      to not have a single linear regulator on board. In a certain respect,
      I think that amateur ballooning has come to depend on inefficient
      circuits to provide self-heating.

      Zack Clobes, W0ZC
      Project: Traveler
      Einstein