1584RE: [GPSL] Re: Balloon burst photo of HS05B

  • Rick von Glahn
    Aug 2, 2005
      I have Premier Pro and while I was out of town for 2 months I discovered I
      needed to do a quick video edit so purchased Premier Elements, Adobe's
      lightweight video editor. I was mightily impressed. Anyway, Premier Pro would
      have no problem with this, but do you want to spend that kind of money? And
      Premier Elements is "only" around $100. I actually purchased a combo package
      that contained both Premier Elements and Photoshop Elements as it was on sale
      for $130 or so. I just checked to be sure and you can run 4 video tracks. So
      you could easily import the 2 videos, scale them to quarter screen and add
      telemetry or perhaps other video in the spare two quadrants.

      One nice thing I discovered about Premier Elements. It has more codecs built
      in. It can read the video files from my stable of Canon Powershot cameras.
      Premier Pro can't. But, I'll probably install Elements on the main system and
      get access to all the codecs in both programs when that happens.

      Oh, and I'm not volunteering to edit! :-) Since Mike must have an Internet2
      grade data connection I defer to him. I'm on lowly broadband running around a
      megabit per second. Would be just too agonizing to download your video at full
      miniDV/AVI capture mode (250 megabytes per minute more or less).

      73 -- Rick, NØKKZ