14475Re: [GPSL] Tracker interest

  • James Ewen
    Aug 15, 2014
      On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 3:14 PM, Alan Adamson akadamson@...
      [GPSL] <GPSL-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      > I've got the main board parts down to approx $23 in qty 10's The GPS
      > can be had for around $15-17 and I think for us in the US, I'd be
      > willing to talk to Anthony in the UK and see what we might be able to do
      > on GPS pricing for more than qty 1 ... it uses the ublox Max 7C part.
      > Power options are either about $10 for the solar/lipo board or around $4
      > for the AAA/AA board.
      > The above pricing is based upon 10 unit quantities from Digikey or Mouser.
      > The boards themselves are around a $1 each as I've been working to get
      > those down in price.

      So if you've got all the costs listed, and my math works properly,
      you're looking at about $51 cost for the parts alone. Figure in
      assembly and some return on investment and development, you're looking
      around $100 each?

      You can probably find a few people interested in that.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic