14464Re: [GPSL] Hyperlapse Video

    Aug 14, 2014
      I think it could work for balloon video, as long as the spinning is not too radical.  I think this method could take out back-and-forth jitter but not continuous unidirectional spin (unless very high speed, where you swing around and get a new frame in the same direction within a short time).  I think a 60 fps capture might be better, more frequent "nearly-alike" frames to pick from.

      According to the project description, they hope to release this as a Windows app, similar to how Microsoft ICE was released for panorama creation from a series of still images.

      I wonder if the project leads would be interested in trying this out on a balloon flight video as a demonstration project.

      73 de Mark N9XTN

      On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 10:51 PM, 'HarryM' hhm_74115@... [GPSL] <GPSL-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Cool!

      Not sure if this would work on a balloon flight, but the concept is pretty intriguing.

      http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/projects/hyperlapse/