13787Re: [GPSL] Freee Fall Camera

    Feb 12 4:57 PM
    For some reason the wrong video was linked to,  here is the one i wanted to show. It is a camera in free fall from a very high altitude 10K+ probably it lands in a pig pen and is still running.

    Like i said forst time I wonder what the G forces were at impact and what rpm it got to to synk the video like that?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrxPuk0JefA

    Joe WB9SBD
    Sig
    The Original Rolling Ball Clock
    Idle Tyme
    Idle-Tyme.com
    http://www.idle-tyme.com
    On 2/12/2014 6:50 PM, James Ewen wrote:
    Yes it was a GoPro.

    I guess they charge extra for taking off and landing on that big long black thing at the airport!

    Nice job with all the landings and take-offs on the gravel bars. The approach angle seemed to be very shallow though. Wouldn't want to suffer an engine sputter when coming in that low.

    On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 12:29 PM, Pete Lilja <plilja@...> wrote:

    That's incredible.

    Do you know if it's a GoPro?

    We zip-tied my GoPro to the wing strut of my brother's airplane last Summer and I can't say I didn't worry that mine wouldn't do the same thing.!

    Pete
    KC0GPB

    On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 12:26 PM, Joe <nss@...> wrote:
    This is pretty cool and tough camera

    It free fell from pretty high landed in a pig pen and kept running.

    Two things I wonder are.  What were the G forces when it hit.  and what rpm was it spinning when it like synced up with the ground he he he.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrxPuk0JefA&feature=youtu.be

    --
    James
    VE6SRV