13653Winds aloft to 15K agl

  • Greg Clark
    Oct 30, 2013
      Let's pretend that one needed winds aloft data every 1000 feet to 15K, and didn't have access to any official govt wind data.

      What's the easiest and cheapest way to do this (from the balllon perspective that is, I've got the APRS payload down) ?  What size balloon would I need?  I assume that I would want something that would rise rapidly and burst quickly to minimize the chase distance?  How much lift?  I guess a cutdown device would make things even more reliable.....

      They payload would be in the 100g range.

      Greg K7RKT
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic