12896When will the winds change?

  • excitontx
    Mar 20, 2013
      Hey weather-guys...

      In the winter, the jetstreams all collaborate in sending our balloons on long treks eastward. During the summer, each altitude does their own thing and the flights can end up close to where they started. Has anybody kept track of how and when this transition occurs? March? April? (can you tell I'm anxious?). Is it a fast transition, or does it occur over several weeks?

      Best,
      Chuck / KG5CA
      t was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.
      Charles Dickens
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic