10367Re: [GPSL] NearSys Video

    Aug 1, 2011
      Thanks. I like putting videos together, but see I need a faster machine. I ran a defrag last night while I was sleeping to see if that will help out.
      Did other balloons taking videoor stills see this turbulence?
      It's not uncommon, so I suspect others did.
      I'll be curious to see if acent rates have anything to do with it.

      On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 8:53 AM, Rodney Sparks <rodney@...> wrote:

      Great video, Paul!  When Mike gets our 3-axis gyro data processed, it'll be interesting to see if we encountered the same turbulence that you did.

      On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 6:17 AM, L. Paul Verhage <nearsys@...> wrote:

      Here's the YouTube link to the NearSys 11L video.
      Several balloons are scene above the NearSys balloon. In teh drag race with the group that launched just before, I lost (big time). In the original video you can see the balloon getting smaller over time. So unless they were deflating, they were cimbing faster than me.
      Again, thanks EOSS for hosting GPSL. You did great working getting the helium situation fixed up.