Re: Hello everyone

  • cfbsoftware1
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 8 5:24 PM
      --- In GPCP@yahoogroups.com, "tc_tal" <tamarcro@...> wrote:

      > Thanks a lot!
      >
      > If by "documentation" you reffering to Oberon-Mycrosystems' report, we found nothing about libraries there.
      > We're using GPCP anyway, so I guess .NET would do.

      Download and install the evaluation version of our Component Pascal IDE (CPIDE).

      http://www.cfbsoftware.com/cpide

      The distribution includes a number of working basic file reading / writing and directory access source code examples included that are described here:

      http://www.cfbsoftware.com/cpide/examples.aspx

      > The course is "Programming languages principles". Each couple of students has to work with another programming language... the idea is that any computable problem can be computed in any language.
      > In the end we will write dummy-compiler for dummy-platform-language named Jack using the languague we got (in our case it's Component Pascal.)

      Great choice! Component Pascal is an excellent language to use for writing a compiler. As well as being the languageused to write the GPCP compiler - we currently use it for the development of our Cortex-M3 and ARM Oberon compilers in Astrobe. Download a copy of Niklaus Wirth's Compiler Construction book if you haven't got it already - you will find it very useful:

      http://www.ethoberon.ethz.ch/books.html

      Regards,
      Chris Burrows
      CFB Software