More PEToCps problem with v1.3.2 on Microsoft .NET v2.0

  • Bernhard Treutwein
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2006
      When trying to use PeToCps on the Reflector PEM (a decompiler with
      API for .NET see: http://www.aisto.com/roeder/dotnet), I get also an
      exception when PERWAPI tries to read the version.

      Neither ildasm nor reflector itself has problems to read the version
      4.1.0.0).

      Fetching the Aug-05 version of PERWAPI does not change anything.

      Any ideas?

      regards
      Bernhard
      -------------------------------------
      $ petocps Reflector.exe
      PeToCps: version 1.3.2.0 of 1 May 2005
      Bad DOS header
      PeToCps: System.NullReferenceException:
      PeToCps: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to
      an instance
      of an object.
      at PERWAPI.Assembly.MajorVersion()
      at PeToCps.PeToCps.GetVersionInfo(PEFile pef, Int32[]& inf)
      at PeToCps.PeToCps.Process(Char[] nam, Int32& rVl)
      PeToCps: Input file <Reflector.exe> error
      <System.NullReferenceException:>
      PeToCps: Summary: 1 input files 1 failed
    • K John Gough
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2006
        Hi All

        Yes, we are slowly sorting out the problems with the PERWAPI library that
        PeToCps uses. There were problems under at least two circumstances: PE
        files that contain native code (such as the System.Data.dll of version 2.0
        of the framework) and some COM interop dlls (such as AgentObjects.dll). I
        have fixed both of these problems, and will be releasing version 1.3.3,
        incorporating the changes this week. I'll check the new version on Lutz'
        reflector PEM, just in case this is an independent issue.

        The new versions of gpcp will be 1.3.3 for ...
        CLR v2.0 -- only tested on the beta-2 framework at this stage
        CLR v1.1
        JVM on Windows
        JVM for Unix

        Should be up as soon as the web admin gets to it, at least as zip files,
        with installers to come later.

        There is also a RedHat v9 version of gpm ready to go.

        Cheers
        John

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Bernhard Treutwein
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 5, 2006
          Hi John,

          thanks a lot for the quick answer ... I'll be patient ...