PEToCps problem with v1.3.2 on Microsoft .NET v2.0

  • cfbsoftware1
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 27, 2005
      Now that v2.0 of the Microsoft .NET framework has been released, I
      am in the process of upgrading my CP apps.

      When running PEToCps it converts System.Drawing.dll OK but gives an
      error message on System.Data.dll as the following output shows:

      C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727>c:\gpcp\bin\petocps
      System.Drawing.dll

      PeToCps: version 1.3.2.0 of 1 May 2005
      PeToCps: Output file <System_Drawing_.cps> created
      PeToCps: Output file <System_Drawing__Drawing2D.cps> created
      PeToCps: Output file <System_Drawing__Imaging.cps> created
      PeToCps: Output file <System_Drawing__Text.cps> created
      PeToCps: Output file <System_Drawing__Design.cps> created
      PeToCps: Output file <System_Drawing__Printing.cps> created
      PeToCps: Input file <System.Drawing.dll> succeeded
      PeToCps: Summary: 1 input files

      C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727>c:\gpcp\bin\petocps
      System.Data.dll

      PeToCps: version 1.3.2.0 of 1 May 2005
      Bad DOS header
      PeToCps: System.NullReferenceException:
      PeToCps: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to
      an instance
      of an object.
      at PERWAPI.Assembly.MajorVersion()
      at PeToCps.PeToCps.GetVersionInfo(PEFile pef, Int32[]& inf)
      at PeToCps.PeToCps.Process(Char[] nam, Int32& rVl)
      PeToCps: Input file <System.Data.dll> error
      <System.NullReferenceException:>
      PeToCps: Summary: 1 input files 1 failed

      Is there an update due out soon?

      Chris Burrows
      CFB Software
      http://www.cfbsoftware.com/gpcp
    • K John Gough
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 27, 2005
        Hi Chris, hi all.

        Ok, I shall check this out. System.Drawing.dll works ok on my experimental
        1.4 version, but that is still not ready for prime time. In the meanwhile I
        may have to get a 1.3.3 version out the door.

        Cheers
        John

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • cfbsoftware1
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 28, 2005
          Hi John,

          9 minutes - that has to be a new record for the response time to a
          tech support query!

          Just to clarify - System.Drawing.dll works ok for me as well, it is
          System.Data.dll that is choking.

          Any hints on what to expect in 1.4?

          Regards,
          Chris

          --- In GPCP@yahoogroups.com, "K John Gough" <john@S...> wrote:

          > Hi Chris, hi all.
          >
          > Ok, I shall check this out. System.Drawing.dll works ok on my
          experimental
          > 1.4 version, but that is still not ready for prime time. In the
          meanwhile I
          > may have to get a 1.3.3 version out the door.
          >
          > Cheers
          > John

          Of

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 28, 2005
            Hi again

            The main additions to version 1.4 are the ability to consume and extend the
            CLR 2.0 facilities for generics. Of course this only applies to the CLR
            version. We have been experimenting with something similar for the JVM
            version, but the JVM cannot support the same expressivity for generics as
            the CLR as the implementation of generics on the JVM needs to be based on
            type-erasure (implementing everything as type Object internally).

            The release is still a little way away, as a number of other projects are
            creating diversions. Check out
            http://plas.fit.qut.edu.au/gppg/Default.aspx
            for the gardens point parser generator, and
            http://plas.fit.qut.edu.au/perwapi/Default.aspx
            for the latest on PERWAPI. A technical paper (and some demos) of the
            generics experiments are at
            http://plas.fit.qut.edu.au/generics/Default.aspx