Re: Version 1.3.1 of GPCP is up!

  • russell_kneebonehotmailcom
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1 6:00 AM
      Thanks! Especially for the updated zip version.

      Small problem - trying to get the installer JVM version shows a
      heading "Downloading GPCP 1.3.1-NET 1.0" on the URL
      http://plas.fit.qut.edu.au/gpcp/gpcp_download.aspx?downloadID=GPCP131JVM
      and the download does not initiate.

      Where can I find out more about generics?

      Regards,
      Russell

      --- In GPCP@yahoogroups.com, John Gough <j.gough@q...> wrote:
      > Hi All
      >
      > version 1.3.1 of GPCP is now up, but you will need a new URL.
      >
      > http://plas.fit.qut.edu.au/gpcp/
      >
      > is the place to start, then to the downloads page. This page
      > is NOT yet linked from the old page.
      >
      > Version 1.3.1 comes in four flavours:
      > GPCP/CLR 1.1 (Everett) Installer
      > GPCP/CLR 2.0 (Whidbey) installer
      > GPCP/JVM/Win32 installer
      > GPCP/JVM/Unix gzip distribution
      >
      > This version resolves most known issues, and has new
      > documentation detailing the changes. It also contains a
      > new PE to CPS tool replacing N2CPS. The new tool is
      > "PeToCps", and does not barf on Whidbey PE files.
      >
      > There is also a rather cool "online" compiler for some
      > experimental subsets of "Mini GPCP", including some
      > generics experiments. We still expect to do generics
      > at least on the CLR for version 1.4.*
      >
      > Enjoy
      > John
    • K John Gough
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1 4:39 PM
        Hi All

        As Russell points out, the download page for the JVM/Win32 seems to be
        broken. Profuse apologies. We will try to find out what happened
        Monday.

        Cheers
        John
      • cfbsoftware1
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 2 11:36 PM
          Hi John,

          The 1.3.1 GPCP/CLR 1.1 compiler reports that the click event
          handlers for controls are missing. e.g. in Systems_Windows_Forms_ in
          1.3.0,

          LinkLabel had a field LinkClicked* :LinkLabelLinkClickedEventHandler;

          MenuItem had a field Click* : mscorlib_System.EventHandler;

          Also, I can't see these fields defined in the html versions of the
          1.3.1 cps files.

          Chris Burrows
          CFB Software
          http://www.cfbsoftware.com/gpcp

          --- In GPCP@yahoogroups.com, John Gough <j.gough@q...> wrote:
          > Hi All
          >
          > version 1.3.1 of GPCP is now up, but you will need a new URL.
          >
          > http://plas.fit.qut.edu.au/gpcp/

        • John Gough
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 3 8:39 PM
            Hi All

            As Chris has detected, the symbol files in the directory
            $CPROOT/libs/NetSystem
            are missing all of their event fields. We have fixed it, and
            should get the new installers up on the website tomorrow.
            We will get the broken link to the JVM version fixed at
            the same time.

            Cheers
            John

            At 07:36 AM 3/04/2005 +0000, you wrote:

            >Hi John,
            >
            >The 1.3.1 GPCP/CLR 1.1 compiler reports that the click event
            >handlers for controls are missing. e.g. in Systems_Windows_Forms_ in
            >1.3.0,
            >
            >LinkLabel had a field LinkClicked* :LinkLabelLinkClickedEventHandler;
            >
            >MenuItem had a field Click* : mscorlib_System.EventHandler;
            >
            >Also, I can't see these fields defined in the html versions of the
            >1.3.1 cps files.
            >
            >Chris Burrows
            >CFB Software
            >http://www.cfbsoftware.com/gpcp
            >
            >--- In GPCP@yahoogroups.com, John Gough <j.gough@q...> wrote:
            > > Hi All
            > >
            > > version 1.3.1 of GPCP is now up, but you will need a new URL.
            > >
            > > http://plas.fit.qut.edu.au/gpcp/
            > >

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • John Gough
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 3 8:40 PM
              Hi All

              As Chris has detected, the symbol files in the directory
              $CPROOT/libs/NetSystem
              are missing all of their event fields. We have fixed it, and
              should get the new installers up on the website tomorrow.
              We will get the broken link to the JVM version fixed at
              the same time.

              Cheers
              John

              At 07:36 AM 3/04/2005 +0000, you wrote:

              >Hi John,
              >
              >The 1.3.1 GPCP/CLR 1.1 compiler reports that the click event
              >handlers for controls are missing. e.g. in Systems_Windows_Forms_ in
              >1.3.0,
              >
              >LinkLabel had a field LinkClicked* :LinkLabelLinkClickedEventHandler;
              >
              >MenuItem had a field Click* : mscorlib_System.EventHandler;
              >
              >Also, I can't see these fields defined in the html versions of the
              >1.3.1 cps files.
              >
              >Chris Burrows
              >CFB Software
              >http://www.cfbsoftware.com/gpcp
              >
              >--- In GPCP@yahoogroups.com, John Gough <j.gough@q...> wrote:
              > > Hi All
              > >
              > > version 1.3.1 of GPCP is now up, but you will need a new URL.
              > >
              > > http://plas.fit.qut.edu.au/gpcp/
              > >

              >Yahoo! Groups Links

            • cfbsoftware1
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 6 8:11 PM
                Hi John,

                The new GPCP 1.3.1 for .NET installer (5 April) fixed that
                particular problem but I still have been unable to compile my
                WinForms RichText example project. Try building it yourself from the
                source:

                http://cfbsoftware.com/gpcp/GPCPWinformDemo.zip

                to see if you can duplicate the problems I have encountered:

                1. PEToCps gives an 'Argument out of range' exception when producing
                a new cps file for RTBExCs.dll

                2. Form.set_AcceptButton now expects an 'IButtonControl' parameter
                instead of 'Button'.

                3. The statement 'REGISTER(frm.lblWebsite.LinkClicked,
                frm.lblWebsiteClicked)' objects to the first parameter with the
                error message:

                'error : REGISTER expects an EVENT type here'

                Regards,
                Chris