Goddess of the Month May 2012

  • Tinnekke Bebout
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2012

      Goddess of the Month - Hekate

      WHO IS HEKATE?

      Noctilucent Hekate, by Tinnekke Bebout
      Noctilucent Hekate by Tinnekke Bebout from Mystai of the Moon Sacred Goddess Gifts

      Hekate, Goddess of many names, Goddess of many times, I have written of Her past already. Since that time She has manifested forth in my life and in the lives of the Mystai of the Moon as our Matron Goddess, and through the connections I have made has led me to learn of a resurgence of Her worship all over the world. On May 27, 2010, I took part in a global Rite honoring Hekate called The Rite of Her Sacred Fires. The Mystai participated both in our temple and in their homes. Now I write of Her present, and I dare to say: Her future.

      Her Rites are being recreated in many ways. Through the study of manuscripts left to us from ancient times we learn of how people from all around the Near East and the Mediterranean invoked and evoked Her for magick and worship. Through the recreations of Her ways left in the cultures of those in Turkey, Macedonia, and Bulgaria, we find the beauty of how Her worship as a Mystery Tradition was carried out and how it whispers to us even now. Through the meditations and dreamwork of modern Priestesses and Witches, we reconnect with Her as modern people. We Mystai did our first recreation of Her Mysteries August of 2010 during the first large gathering of our tradition, which we called Hekate Rising in Her honor. This year will be the third celebration of Her Rites and the beauty and wonder of them grows each time. We picked the name back in 2009, and as time passes, the name feels more and more appropriate. Hekate is truly Rising. There are many new books coming out with the writings of modern devotees. Hekate: Her Sacred Fires is one major and significant addition to this increasing body of devotion. Edited by Sorita D'Este and with contributions from people from all six inhabited continents, it is truly a treasury of Her modern worship. It is filled with essays, prosody, poetry, and art. The fact that there was an outpouring of contributions when the concept of the book was brought up by Sorita is a testimony to how prominent in the world Hekate is becoming. Another piece of essential Hekate literature is The Temple of Hekate by Tara Sanchez. A tarot of inspired artwork done as a devotional project to Hekate will be coming out sometime before 2014. The growing body of modern works about Hekate and inspired by Hekate is truly exciting.

      The Call by Tinnekke Bebout, from The Dance of the Mystai, 2009

      From the Beginning, I have been here. All-encompassing, ever-present, loving yet distant and unknowable: I am Nyx. I am Chaos. I am the Beginning of All.
      I sing: Mother of Night, of Infinity; the Dance of the Stars; The Endless Waltz of the Galaxies; the Death Spiral of Black Holes. I AM ALL – singularity and unlimited possibility. I am Sweet Loving in the Unfathomable Depths of Time. I exploded and birthed all that is. The Goddesses are My Daughters. The Stars are My Daughters. Every womon who has ever lived is also My Daughter… for what are you if not Star Stuff? You, too, are celestial children of the Cosmos, formed from the embers of giant stars that died to give you life. In your cells sings the Music of the Universe. Do you hear it? Can you open your ears and listen to a sound that pounds through you as surely and undeniably as your own heartbeat?
      My hand is always out to you to bring you back into the Cosmic Dance. I am She Who is the Soul of the Cosmos. I am Oldest of the Old, yet I am a Maiden. I hold Power in all realms and spread My Blessings to the Lost, the Frightened, the Wronged, as well as the Strong Amazon who whispers My Name as she rides under a Full Moon. I am with you. I am calling to you. Say My Name…
      Dare it! Do it! Call to Me!!!

      HEKATE!

      A Tribute to Hekate - by Tinnekke Bebout

      Charge of Hekate - Tinnekke Bebout, 2011

      Hear Me, Daughters, this is My call unto you.

      I am Nyktipolos, Wanderer in the Depths of Night.
      I know the secrets of the Dark Moon
      and the secrets you hold in the silence of your soul.

      I am Soteira, the World Soul.
      Pursuit of My Mysteries will lead you to places
      that will change your whole being.

      I am Kleidouchos, Keeper of the Keys of the Universe.
      Unto me does Zeus Himself render honors.

      I am Propylaia, Guardian of the Gates of Wisdom.
      II challenge all to look within themselves
      and see the truth that is there.

      I am Brimo, Lady of the Tempests.
      I bring the storms that cleanse the world
      and the storms that shake your foundations.

      I am Kourotrophos, Nurse of the Young.
      I am the Divine Midwife who guided and cared for Persephone in her time of need.
      Let none despair who call upon My name for succor!

      I am Aidonaia, Mighty Queen of the Underworld.
      Death is my servant and my helpmeet;
      let none who seek My Ways fear death.

      I am all these things and more.
      My ways are Mysteries which can be found in a moment of inspiration
      but will take a lifetime to understand.

      I am stern yet kind, terrible yet loving, fearful yet tender.
      I suffer not fools and I accept no excuses.
      I demand responsibility and truth.
      I will show you the strength you hide from yourself,
      and I will bring it out for the World to see.

      Seek me in the darkest night,
      in the face of the moon,
      in the pounding of the waves,
      in the shining ocean deeps,
      the roots of the Earth, and the warm soil.
      I am in all these places and more.
      I am Queen in All Realms and Lady of the Sacred Doorways.
      Invoke me in quiet places where three roads meet or where realms touch.
      Caves and seashores and mountaintops are my home.

      Look in the mirror and seek me there.
      Look in your heart of hearts and call upon Me and lo, I am there.