AutoFair

  • onegn1ty@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 2, 2007
      Okay,
      Here's the breakdown as stands today...the AutoFair "curse" has already
      claimed a few....
      1- Cheryl D
      2- Pat B
      3- Steve B (taking Scott L's spot)
      4- Kevin H
      5- Brian B (taking Kevin's 2nd spot)
      6- Conrad C
      7- Alonzo P
      8- Eric S
      9- Rob D
      10-Jim L
      11- John W
      12- Vernon S
      13- Randy M
      14- Clint A
      15- Scott S
      16- Monte U
      17- Mike M
      18- Johnny C
      19- Jonathan C (* may drop, trans probs)
      20- OPEN

      Clint, I forgot to ask you if you needed me to bring your passes yesterday,
      do you need them mailed to you? Email your address to me if you do.
      I may have the open spot covered, will know soon.
      Also Clint and some others are going to meet EARLY before the show at the
      Cracker Barrel behind Ruby Tuesday on Speedway Blvd if anyone else wants to join
      in. It would probably be best to try to get seated there around 6:30am or a
      little earlier, it will most likely be crowded due to the show.
      Cheryl

      **************************************
    • Sydwyndr
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 2, 2007
        Bring them with u Cheryl. I wil get them that morn
[...]

        ************ ********* ********* ********
        Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at http://discover. aol.com/memed/ aolcom30tour

      • sydwyndr
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 14, 2007
          Hey Alonzo,  do you still have plenty of business cards??  If ao bring em along...
        • onegn1ty@aol.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 7, 2008
            Korey & I attended the meeting for AutoFair last night. Our location will be
            to the left side Smith Tower entrance. We will be SORT OF in the main
            grandstand tunnel area. Instead of being completely in the tunnel, we'll be on a
            concrete terrace, beside the main pedestrain entrance at Smth Tower. A Chevelle
            club will be along the front border of the tunnel, we are on the terrace just
            behind them. We will be able to pull along into the tunnel ONLY if it rains, but
            at least we are where we are, and can get out of weather if needed. The amount
            of cars in the main grandstand has been cut back due to grandstand areas
            getting new seats put in. A change from meets past, the gates to get into the
            event will open at 6:30am. This should help us to get in place a bit easier, the
            earlier we can get in the better. The AACA is having a major meet at April
            AutoFair, so traffic is expected to be worse than in years past in and around the
            Speedway.
            If anyone needs to drop out of the show, please let me know ASAP so I can
            contact alternates to step in. Attendance is crucial to staying in the show, some
            other clubs have been busted for poor attendance and for members leaving out
            early, some as early as 11-12:00! We are a big part of the Speedway's show,
            and they expect us to be there as early & as long as possible.Our group has
            always been very close to where we should be with our attendance numbers, let's
            keep up the good show of vehicles! We are a very diverse & unique group compared
            to the tons of FBody, big blocks, & vettes. The public needs to know we
            exist. I know it makes a long day, but it's only 2x /year. So come on and enjoy the
            show & vendors! We should get a ton of attention where we're at(right where
            GQ public comes in), it will be an interesting day as always listening to the
            comments.
            One more inportant note..the GS/GN group will be on the other side of the
            tower, so if you are not cruising in with the majority of us, MAKE sure you pass
            the Mini Coopers in the tunnel to get to our spot, don't park with the wrong
            group! I'll send out Korey's cell # in event anyone gets hung out on the
            highway coming in, and can't make the meet up for passes around 7-7:15am at Ruby
            Tuesday parking lot on Speedway Blvd. Those needing passes mailed, I'll get them
            to you within the next few weeks, but if you have to cancel PLEASE get them
            back to me ASAP so we can fill the spot. Any questions or info don't hesitate to
            contact me. Thanks !!! You all are a Supergroup!

            **************
            It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms, and advice on AOL Money & Finance.
            (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolprf00030000000001)
          • onegn1ty@aol.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 17 5:55 PM
              Meet up for those wanting to cruise in together/and or pick up passes will be at Ruby Tuesday parking lot beside McDonald's on Speedway Blvd at 7am. Inclement weather plan is to move just about all infield cars to grandstand tunnel.My cell is 336-847-3574 should anyone need it
              Cheryl
            • Patrick Broughton
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 27, 2012

                Cheryl,

                Please add my name to the list for both days.  I do vote for a meet at jordan lake sometime before summers out.
              • Randy .
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 28, 2012
                  I'll take two, too.

                  To: GM_TURBO6@yahoogroups.com