GMU Lambda Alumni, first meeting!, Wed., Aug. 5, 7 p.m., 3401 Fairfax Dr., Arlington, VA
- Hello GMU Lambda Alumni,
This past June, we officially became a chapter of the GMU Alumni Association (website; Facebook; Twitter). Our first official meeting will be , 2009, 7 p.m. on the GMU Arlington Campus, Original Building (3401 Fairfax Drive, Arlington, VA), Room 251. (Directions to Arlington Campus.) At this first meeting, we need to officially elect our Officers. We have 5 total Officer positions including 2 co-chairs, 1 secretary, 1 treasurer, and 1 at-large position. If you are interested in running for one of these positions, please email Alex Gant at alexgant86@.... An online ballot will be made available to everyone after this meeting and voting will end . Below are the descriptions for each position and who is currently running:
- Co-Chairs = The co-chairs shall preside at all meetings of the Lambda Alumni Chapter and maintain general supervisory authority over the affairs of the chapter. The co-chairs will serve as representatives of the Lambda Alumni Chapter and report to the Mason Alumni Association. The co-chairs shall have the authority to appoint special committees that may be deemed necessary to conduct business of the Lambda Alumni Chapter. Lastly, if an officer is unable to complete their term, it will be at the Co-Chairs discretion to either appoint or hold a special election for a replacement for the remaining term.
- Each of the 2 co-chairs will serve a term of two years (one of the first co-chairs will only serve a one-year term so that a new co-chair will be elected each year).
- Interim and Running: Alex Gant, Matthew Bruno
- Secretary - The secretary shall record the proceedings of all Lambda Alumni Chapter meetings and maintain all records. shall assume responsibility for all correspondence and outreach concerning the Lambda Alumni Chapter and, additionally, will file reports as required annually by the Mason Alumni Association.
- The Secretary will serve a two-year term
- Interim and Running: Rob Pilaud
- Treasurer - The Treasurer shall monitor an account set up through the Mason Alumni Association, which shall be at the disposal of the Lambda Alumni Chapter. The Treasurer shall keep records of all deposits and dispersals and render a financial statement of funds at each Lambda Alumni Chapter meeting.
- The Treasurer will serve a two-year term
- Interim and Running: Darren Marquardt
- At-Large - The At-Large Officer shall work on special projects as created by the Lambda Alumni Chapter
and will also assist in outreach efforts and events.
- The At-large officer will serve a one-year term.
- Interim and Running: Open
If you are not in the area, but still would like to be involved in planning things for Alumni Weekend, please contact the board at GMULambdaAlumniemail@example.com.
In addition to the officer positions there are always ways you can help out including volunteering to help with events, host an event, or through donations. If interested in volunteering, please contact the board at GMULambdaAlumnifirstname.lastname@example.org. Information on donating will be available on our website in the coming weeks.
--GMU Lambda Alumni Interim Board