Fwd: Support Mason booth at CAPITAL PRIDE - June 14th

  • Matthew Bruno
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2009
      Please check out the below message from Ric Chollar (Associate Director of Mason's University Life Office of LGBTQ Resources) about Mason at the DC Capital Pride Festival and how we can help.

      -Matt

      Matthew Bruno
      Program Coordinator
      Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Ally Resource Center
      American University
      201 Mary Graydon Center
      Washington, DC 20016-8164

      Phone: 202.885.3346
      Office Fax: 202.885.1883
      Email: mbruno@...
      Website: www.american.edu/glbta

      Hello Everyone,

       Ric Chollar here, Associate Director of Mason's University Life Office of LGBTQ Resources. I'm hoping to reach GMU Lambda alumni, LGBTQ/Ally faculty and staff, Pride Alliance Exec Committee, Pride Alliance members, Safe Zone team, and all interested others to let you all know that we have reserved a table, for the fifth year, at Capital (DC) Pride Festival, Sunday, June 14th, for George Mason.  This table will be a spot for LGBTQ/Ally Mason to show ourselves off!!! for prospective and potential students, current Mason students, Mason alumni, and all others. The festival goes from 11 am to 6 pm, on Pennsylvania Ave, NW, between 4th and 7th Streets (near the Capital Building). The nearest Metro stop is Gallery Place/Chinatown on the Red/Yellow/Green lines.

        Check out the Capital Pride Website for more details  http://www.capitalpride.org/

       I'm writing this to ask for four kinds of help/support for this event:

       1) Are there any one or two people who could show up early, between 9:30 and 10:30 (I'll give you more details) to help set up the table?      2) Are there six or more people who would commit to sitting at the table for shifts of 1-2 hours? It's LOTS of fun!!!!
       3) Could you promise to stop by the table some time that afternoon to say hi??
       4) Could you spread the word that Mason will have a table, so that everyone else also knows to stop by and say hello??

        Please check in with me about any of the above, with an email message to rchollar@..., or by calling 703-993-2702. Could I hear back from you by end of day this Friday (June 5)? I'll then send out a schedule of who's sitting at the table when, by mid-week next week. Hope to see many of you the weekend of June 12-14 at Capital Pride!!!

       In Peace and Pride,
       Ric

      --
      Ric Chollar, LCSW