REACT

  • erik smith
    Message 1 of 56 , Nov 1, 2004
      Well. I have not officially joined REACT, but I just bought a used CB
      and I keep it tuned to channel 9 all the time.

      I don't know what your memories of 9/11 are, but I remember tied up
      phone lines and chaos!
      A wise man once said, if you see a good fight--get in it.
      A correlary (sp?) to that might be, if you see a job that needs doing-
      -do it.

      I have heard (and admonished) several people using channel 9 for non
      emergency purposes. At least I think they heard me--like I said, it's
      a used CB.

      I also keep a GMRS radio scanning at all times (most people don't
      know channel 20 is the emergency channel).

      So, I guess I'm an unofficial REACT chapter of one.
    • kvsp1160@aol.com
      Message 56 of 56 , Nov 8, 2004
        It's A Private System!!!

        A guy owns the repeater and asks others that if they want to use it, pay for the mantainance upkeep. If another person wants to use it, then pay for it!

        Sure if you're stranded on the roadside, or if your house is on fire, then ya, answer the call. But not to use it for other reasons.

        And if you two idiots don't want to quit arguing on this group, take it offline and argue somewhere else. I've had enough (as I'm sure the rest of the group has as well). This came off of another email. Ya got problems? Deal with it somewhere else!

        Take a deep breath and forget about it. Ya got problems with me? Email me on the side...