Re: [GMRS] New to GMRS in NYC area

  • Justin Mattes,KC2GIK
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2003
      Fred
      I'm in Nj and talk on NYC repeaters all the time. You might want to try 462.6750 PL 146.2. That's
      the machine I you. If you go on there make sure you throw your call out right away. They have had
      a lot o-f trouble with jammers.; There a guy on there, Bruce, he's a bit strange but an alright
      guy. Tell him "Big J" out in Jersey sent you! I pop in now and they when my antenna behaves!
      Welcome to the world of GMRS radio!
      Justin WPUM871
      --- fred <grimace043@...> wrote:
      > Hi all,
      > I was wondering where could I get info GMRS in the NYC area. I just
      > rec'd my Lic. from fcc even though I am just using it a couple of
      > Cobra 22 ch. cheapies for now. I want to get more info, if possible.
      > Maybe a couple of sites etc..
      >
      > Any help would be greatly appreciated !
      >
      > Thamks, grimace043

      =====
      **********************************
      Justin Mattes,KC2GIK
      jaymatt1978@...
      NWS Spotter Number 02-362A
      Woodcliff Lake,NJ OEM RACES/Skywarn
      http://JMattes.tripod.com/index.htm

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • Mr. Ed
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 5, 2003
        And I was once able to reach it using a 4w HT inside a windowless
        Econoline while in Westport, CT. I imaging a real antenna would open up
        much of the western CT coastal area.

        --
        Mr. Ed
      • fred
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 5, 2003
          Thanks guys,

          2 things, What make/model radio would be appropiate (I'm looking for
          HH right now!) Where do I get the 3 digit # eveyone tells me about?

          Fred, WPXX251