Re: GMRS base antenna suggestions/comments

  • Ty Logan
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2003
      From: "Steve <repeater@...>":
      > Don't even consider a yagi for repeater use.

      I can only assume that you are making this comment in the reference of
      using a yagi as a "repeater antenna", because a yagi makes for a perfect
      antenna choice when used with a base station thats talking to a
      repeater!

      Ty
      the scaner_dude

      Only $9.95 per month!
      Visit www.juno.com
    • Steve <repeater@attbi.com>
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2003
        --- In GMRS@yahoogroups.com, Ty Logan <scaner_dude@j...> wrote:
        > From: "Steve <repeater@a...>":
        > > Don't even consider a yagi for repeater use.
        >
        > I can only assume that you are making this comment in the reference
        of
        > using a yagi as a "repeater antenna", because a yagi makes for a
        perfect
        > antenna choice when used with a base station thats talking to a
        > repeater!
        >

        > Ty
        > the scaner_dude

        That is correct. A yagi make a poor repeater antenna due to
        it's directivity and multiple side lobe pattern.
      • Brian R. Chapman <n9noc@apci.net>
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2003
          I suggest the MFB-4605 base/repeater ant by Maxrad, and TK-3101
          portables from Kenwood. Brian KAF2088/N9NOC